ABOUT NO ONE TELLS YOU
Hi, I’m Lydia Swartz. This is my venue to talk about current obsessions, things I wish someone had told me about, things I have investigated because they happen to fascinate me.
Because I started this just before I left Seattle for a month-long artist’s residency in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico, as of January 2016 a lot of what you see presently is about trains and T or C. There will be more — about Amtrak, T or C, and lots of other stuff.
I intend to post at least once a week.
Upcoming topics will include:
- What if you want to pay online but you don’t want to use PayPal? Alternatives.
- I collected these artifacts on my daily walk and this is my archaeological theory about what they mean.
- You’ve seen possums waddling furtively down your urban alley. Where are they going and why? What is the secret life of the urban opossum?
- Why should you vote? Why should you abstain from voting? What happens if you do or don’t? How are votes counted? How do measures or officials get elected?
- What products that promise to be “unscented” will NOT actually kill you if you’re chemically sensitive?
- Oh no, a dead sparrow. What should you do with it, if anything?
- I watched this show. Maybe you should too (or not). Here’s why.
- I read this. Maybe you should too or not, and why.
Curious about something? Tell me. If I’m curious too, I’ll find out all about it and report on my findings.
I make stuff, mostly involving words but sometimes visual and sometimes music and sometimes movement.
I am a propaganda minister.
Propaganda is defined as: The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.
The connotation of propaganda veered toward false or misleading disinformation with harmful intention via the McCarthy era. This not that. What I do is not that. Misuse of the term “propaganda” makes my tail fluff out even more than when people mix up usage of “compose” and “comprise.” OUCH!